Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Lola Ote for your barbecue fix

I saw Lola Ote on "Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho" about two Sundays ago and I was intrigued by how they served their pork barbecue - really long and hanging down from a pole! When I had the chance to finally be there last Sunday, I didn't let it go and had lunch at this place near ABS-CBN in Quezon City. I had two kids in tow and went straight there after a visit to nearby Sidcor market at Centris. We were informed by the store manager that while they've been operating for a year now, it was the first time they opened for lunch on a Sunday, when they previously only opened at 4 or 5 pm. 
Talk about God's favor. Haha!
Our orders then:

For my youngest child and I , two orders Combo A consisting of 18" pork barbecue, 
rice and a glass of iced tea.

For my daughter, Combo B: liempo, rice and a glass of iced tea 
Chicken Isaw: my favorite! 
Leche flan for dessert 


Menu 
Inside Lola Ote 

Lola Ote at 26 Sgt. Esguerra St. Quezon City. If you're coming from Quezon Ave., 
it's at your left after ABS-CBN

It was love at first bite for Lola Ote's pork barbecue! The meat was tender and packed with flavor. The only problem was that it leaned a little too much on the sweet side, that's why my taste buds kind of got tired (the sawa factor, yes) after a while. The barbecue was delicious, no doubt about it, but it would have been a notch yummier had the sweetness been toned down. And the 18" serving was really a lot! My son and I just shared one stick and took home the other. My daughter liked her pork liempo but said it tasted just like the pork barbecue so I surmised they had the same marinade for the two. As for the Chicken Isaw (intestines), my childhood favorite, it was delish with the vinegar and I was confident it was clean unlike its counterpart on the streets. Haha! 
And then, it was time for dessert. We loved the leche flan! It was firm, not soggy, but still soft and smooth on the tongue. And it wasn't too sweet, thankfully. Even our drink, the iced tea, was good as it was house-blend, not instant. All in all, it was an enjoyable lunch ended by a little chat with the store manager, who informed me, too that opening four stores in other parts of Metro Manila 
is on their plan this year. 
So there, folks, if you love barbecue, Lola Ote is the place for you. They offer different kinds, even your street favorites, and you'd be happy to have it here clean. Haha! I'd definitely recommend Lola Ote for your family lunch-out or even barkada hang-out for the delicious barbecue, 
friendly service and affordable prices. 
Happy eating!














2 comments:

  1. I like the helpful information you provide to your
    articles. I'll bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more right here frequently.
    I am fairly sure I'll be told plenty of new stuff right here!
    Good luck for the following!

    my webpage; disney coloring pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by and appreciating Buffet of Blessings. Have a nice day and God bless. :)

      Delete