Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Soban K-Town Grill at Robinsons Place Manila



I first saw this Korean restaurant, Soban K-Town Grill, at SM North Edsa earlier this year (or was it 2017?). Last summer, I saw a branch open at Robinsons Place Manila. One Sunday soon afterwards, my daughter and I tried it out for early dinner after worship service at our church nearby. I loved the food and ambiance of the place that I came back the week after with my youngest son, who loved the food as well.
What we ordered on our first visit: 



Samgyupsal Set, P405.
The samgyupsal set is available in 120 grams of pork for P355. and 180g for P405. My daughter and I would be sharing so we ordered the latter. The set includes fresh strips of pork belly for grilling plus side dishes (unlimited!) of soup, lettuce (not pictured here, though), green onions, fried egg, kimchi, and mashed potato with macaroni. All the side dishes are really good especially the green onions which are a bit sweet.

Dolsot Bibimbap, P280.
I super love this Korean dish of rice mixed with egg, seaweed and vegetables for that burst of various flavors and textures, not to mention all the nutrients! 
This bowl of goodness is both healthy and yummy!

Coffee Prince, P120.
So aptly named, this dessert, I  thought when I laid my eyes on it. This sweetie sure looks regal, it has a "crown"! Sorry, Prince, I just had to eat it that crunchy milk chocolate on top of your "head". Writing this review, it's hard to decide which the highlight of this dessert was - the crunchy chocolate "crown", the delectable coffee ice cream or the bed of sweet red beans sandwiched in between graham crackers. Absolutely everything - from top to bottom - was 
sooo good it sent me to dessert heaven!

Meanwhile, these were my son and mine's order: 

Samgyupsal Set, P405.
Again! My son loved grilling and of course, eating!


Ultimate Beef Bap, P250.
My little big boy was super engrossed in this dish and demolished it in record time, though with some help from mom. Tee-hee. He ate everything in the bowl, 
including all the veggies, thankfully.

K-Taco, 2pcs, P145.
My boy and I shared this and loved the Mexican-Korean fusion. There was some heat from the kimchi mixed into bits of chicken but the sour cream and cheese 
tamed it and gave balance to the overall taste. 


 Inside Soban K-Town Grill


Tables are separated by screens which made me feel I was about 
to make a confession. Haha!

Soban K-Town Grill at Robinsons Place Manila


On both occasions, my kids and I left Soban K-Town Grill really full and satisfied! We savored everything we had. The dessert was most unforgettable, though, 'coz it's indigenous to Soban. Aside from good food, ambiance is something I give my thumbs up to as the place is clean and relaxing (although a little cramped). As for the price, it's quite steep on some items but others on the menu have reasonable tags. 
There's a 10 percent service charge, however. 
Still, I'd love to be back! I recommend this place if you're feeling up to some good Korean food. Aside from the SM North Edsa and Robinsons Place Manila 
branches, there is one too at Eastwood Mall, Greenbelt 3 
and ATC Corporate Center in Muntinlupa.
Happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment