Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Discovering Blackport

I have this strange (for some people but not for me!) passion for black food and have been on quite a long-running quest for it. Last month, I was happy to discover Blackport -- a travel-themed restaurant and bar that serves black pizza, burgers and pasta. Yay, was I thrilled! I wasted no time and went there, in the scout area in Quezon City with one of my kids, to find this quaint place. Alas, the black pizza was not available, much to my dismay. So I went a second time yesterday with another of my kids, to finally meet my black pizza and eat it, but of course. 
Our orders on two occasions:

Margherita Pizza, P349.
Thin-crusted and very cheesy. Love, love, love!

Blackport Carbonara, P249.
I loved the deep black color of the noodles in contrast with the whiteness of the creamy sauce. This pasta, aside from being a beauty in my eyes, was also a joy to my taste buds. It was delicious and lusciously creamy once I mixed up the noodles and the sauce, of which there was enough such that it wasn't dry nor soupy.

American Burger, P279.
This was my son's and he said he liked it.

Pita Rack, P159.
Lots of tasty beef chunks and veggies on top of pita bread. This is something 
that's quite unique and filling!

Mexican Nachos, P209.
My daughter and I shared this. I loved the colorful chips but cringed at the thought of ingesting the food additives. Good thing there were lots of chopped tomatoes and onions to provide us some needed nutrients. Haha!

Nutella Milkshake, P160.
Kids are crazy for Nutella and my boy is no exemption so it didn't come as a surprise that he ordered this. He enjoyed it, though it was too sweet for me.

Four seasons juice, P60.
My daughter's drink.


Passport-sized menu

In and around Blackport






Blackport at 51 Scout Rallos St., Diliman, Quezon City


Blackport is one nice place for your HOHOL (hang out, hang-out lang!) with the gang for hours of banter and laughter. I say this because there was a small group of three people seated outside and they looked to me like they were having a really nice time (except that they were drinking beer and smoking which are both a no-no to me). 
Well, even if I was with my kids and just enjoying the food as there was no coffee nor tea on the menu (the only drinks I order when eating out), I also did savor my time at Blackport as it's a casual, laidback place with no loud music, making conversation easy and comfortable. The free wifi also allowed me to do some thinking and writing. It's a plus that the lady server was very friendly and of course, 
the Eatigo discount was awesome!
Swing by Blackport when you happen to be in the Tomas Morato area, folks. 
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment