Pages

Monday, January 1, 2018

Cafe Inggo: A must-visit on Quezon Ave.

I pass by Sto. Domingo Church along Quezon Avenue in QC daily as I commute to and from work. And this cafe on one end of the church compound, I found very interesting and tempting, especially during this Christmas season (It's not over yet, right?) with all the attractive lighted lanterns outside. Cafe Inggo, to me, was irresistible, and one Saturday afternoon last November, I gave in to its calling, tagging along my eldest daughter. It was a pleasant first visit that warranted a second so I 
came back for lunch the following Saturday.
 It's charming inside Cafe Inggo, with its simple but sleek, clean interiors that render the place very homey and cosy. There are various books on the tables such as on art and religion. There is a long couch on one side of the cafe and there are throw pillows on it that made me want to lie down while reading the Fernando Amorsolo 
book that was on my table.
As for the food here's what I/we've had:

Pancit Guisado, P175.
I love pancit! It's my ultimate comfort food. I always order it in restaurants serving Pinoy food. But Cafe Inggo's pancit bihon floored me! I was surprised at how "loaded" it was! When I placed my order, the server told me their pancit was really special, with lots of toppings. And it's a lot indeed! There are two slabs of bagnet, a huge shrimp, slices of beef tapa, and as if those are not enough, there's also minced longganisa! Wow, that was really one special plate of 

pancit bihon. Very delectable and filling!


Buttered bread, P55.
Some slices of toast to go with my pancit.

Lucban Longganisa Meal, P200.
This was my daughter's and it delighted her. Longsilog and with two fried eggs at that. She asked for one scrambled egg and a sunny side up other. An order of all-day breakfast 

meal comes with brewed coffee.
Home-made Chicken Galantina, P220.
My lunch on the second visit and it was sooo good! This chicken dish was packed with flavor and it bawled me over. It's topped with lots of mushrooms and drizzled with a milky/creamy sauce. An order comes with a cup of steamed rice.



Matcha Frappe, P160.
This was my daughter's healthy drink and she commented that it's 
yummier here than in another cafe. 


Americano, P85.
Cafe Inggo serves good coffee, too! The server told me they use Italian beans and I loved it, 
I didn't even have to put sugar nor milk or cream.


Food menu 



Inside Cafe Inggo


Amorsolo book on my table

Cafe Inggo at Santo Domingo Church, Quezon Ave., Quezon City

Visit Cafe Inggo, folks and enjoy Spanish-Filipino food that are freshly cooked and great-tasting. Prices are reasonable and the servers are friendly and attentive to the needs of their customers. One visit won't be enough. 
You'll want to come back! 
Happy eating!







2 comments:

  1. Wow, fantastic weblog layout! How lengthy
    have you been blogging for? you made blogging glance easy.
    The entire glance of your web site is magnificent, as well as the content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there! I've been blogging since 2011, I think, starting out with a different site name. I'm glad you liked the layout. Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete